To succeed in growing through hydroponics, NutriHydro recommends a combination of must do. NutriHydro looks at hydroponics as agriculture of which most of it is entirely chemistry. In the science of chemistry it is very important to measure.
1) Use TDS and pH Meter: Use a pair of TDs and pH meters and adjust accordingly As the saying goes, “what can be measured, can be managed”. This is why NutriHydro recommends that growers use a combination of testers to measure the parameters of nutrient enriched water in growing their crops. NutriHydro recommends using TDS and pH meters as a must in growing no matter what brand of nutrient you use. Commercial farms constantly measure their pH and TDS 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days in a year, that is nonstop measurement of pH and TDS. Commercial farms usually, if not always, have automated system of dosing pH and TDS.
2) Use NutriHydro Lettuce Formula: NutriHydro Lettuce is specifically formulated for Lettuce crops. The lettuce formula targets nutrients to the roots. When roots become rich, the stem and foliage follow.
3) Proper Amount of Light: Make sure lettuce crops received the proper amount of light it needs to grow. Too little and they shoot up to be leggy. Too much and they wilt. Remember that most lettuce crops require only partial sun so that layer of sunshade could be useful.
4) Manage Heat and Humidity: Lettuce are primordially high land crops. They are genetically predisposed to exist and thrive in such environment. So there is work to be done when lettuce is to be grown at lowland and this particularly refers to humidity and heat. Installing fans, exhaust, vents, misting system, dehumidifiers, and air-conditioning systems are a few ways to manage heat and humidity in a greenhouse.
5) Use of Health and Growth Enhancers – NutriHydro has a series of rapid nutrient intervention formulas. This series of formula works really fast and when used as an additive works growth wonders.